Monday, October 29, 2007

Irfan gets his due!



Irfan has received his first big break! He is singing a song for the Bhatts. Accroding to Mr. Mahesh Bhatt the song will do for Irfan what "Bhenge Honth Tere" did for Kunal Ganjawalla.

Here is the full article. Courtesy Mumbai Mirror.

Irfan Ali's early ouster from Amul Star Voice of India on Friday evening may be a blessing in disguise for him. Soon after his dismissal, on Saturday morning, Irfan received a call from Vishesh Films (Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt's production company) asking him to sing for their upcoming Emraan Hashmi-starrer Jannat.

Irfan almost fell off his chair when he heard the offer. He is yet to recover from the shock about his dismissal from the contest, and here the Bhatts are keen on having him for one of the crucial tracks in Jannat. Irfan says, "Many people had called and messaged me saying that they were terribly upset about my disqualification. I had not recovered from that shock when my mentor Lalitji informed me about the film with the Bhatts."

It happened when Mukesh Bhatt was watching the particular episode of Voice of India where Irfan was eliminated. He immediately instructed his office to rope in Irfan for a track in Jannat. "According to me, he was the best amongst all the contestants. I think that I must give the boy his due," says Mukesh.

"We have sent him the lyrics and the tune. It's a rocking song. Bhege hoth tere of Murder made Kunal Ganjawala famous, this song of Jannat will make Irfan Ali famous too," he adds.

Meanwhile Irfan says, "I had never dreamt of getting into films so soon. I am thankful to the Bhatts for standing up for me. I'm ready to move on and take up work."

Irfan is a qualified engineer. He fulfilled his parents dream to become an engineer, now it's time for him to chase his own aspirations. He records the song at Krishna Studio in Goregaon today.

6 comments:

Deemi said...

I really happy to see this news, IRFAN really deserve this, he was the only verstyle singer in VOI after elimination me and like many fans of Irfan was very upset how we can see Irfan again and stop more watching VOI, but congratulation to IRFAN and all fans he is coming again for us,god bless you IRFAN we all always love you more again. thanks for coming.

Unknown said...

I m really very happy after heared this news...all of my best wishes with irfan always...he is beautiful singer with the versitile and melodious voice...he sang TADAP TADAP out of this world...i must say that he sang right from his heart and he sang better then the original...ALLAH bless u Irfan...we all loves u in pakistan...u r one of greatest singers i ever heard...urs song ALWIDA ALWIDA still sorrounding in my ears...our disappointments are removes after read this news that u call upon for track with vishes films...really it is a fantastic opportunity for you to show urs voice for us...ALLAH bless u always...zindagy main jeet hi sab kuch nhi hoti...haar k bad bhi bhut kuch mil jata hai...dekho sabar kia tha tum ne...ALLAH ne tum ko is ki fruit de dia...Always looking u in my prayers...Take care...

Anonymous said...

Just waiting to hear Irfan in this new song of his. The Bhatts have proven yet again that for them, true talent is what really matters. Irfan was the one contestant who was not just very good at the beginning, but also consistently showed improvement through the contest. Anyway now that Ishmeet has won(hurray to the wealth of punjab), Irfan must feel somewhat better. Ishmeet's success will undoubtedly be shortlived, but the true voice of indias will shine on. Ishmeet was a good singer, without doubt. But not the Voice of India. Its sad that by the end of the show, so many people had lost interest in watching. I know I certainly did.

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS BHATTS!!!!

Anonymous said...

thanx every1 4 ur blessings... i hope my song comes out well n u all like it. i hope everythin goes well wid me 4rm now on.. all credits 2 ur love n support... thanq friends.... tk cre

Unknown said...

hi irfan , i am seriously really happy to hear the news that yu have finally become a playback singer , you are the best of all the voice of india contestants + the india's playback singer like alka,shreya, konal, sonunigam,shaan etc , my all prayers are with you may you be a famous singer one day , i just don't know how to express my feelings but i can say one thingg to you irfan , i love you just keep smiling and singing like this forever! that's my pray for you and we all are firm with you , your all crazy friends will support you till the life's end. best of luck!